sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 and it won't start the etc light

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 and it won't start the etc light came on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I here a clicking noise near the alternator, ran fine this morning and when i went to pick up my wife it wouldn't start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition I'm assuming that the starter isn't engaging at all. Lack of starter engagement coudl be caused by a low battery, the ignition switch or actuator, the starter, the powertrain control module may not be awake.

Do you get a single click from the engine compartment when the key is turned to the crank position? A rapid clicking?