bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

Is the tranny in a 2000 dodge dakota with a 3.9 motor and a

Customer Question

Is the tranny in a 2000 dodge dakota with a 3.9 motor and a 2004 dodge dakota with the 3.7 motor have the same trannys
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 10 months ago.

NO the 2 will not interchange the 04 will MOST LIKELY have a 45rfe or 545rfe fully electronic transmission and the 2000 will have a 42re or 46re transmission which was essentially a torqueflight 904 with an overdrive, the bolt pattern was different on those engines as well.

I would need both the vin of the original and doner trucks to verify the transmissions installed originally but it's safe to say you will need a donor truck that matches your truck, according to the hollander interchange (the manual the recyclers use) you will need a 2000 transmission ONLY as it appears it was a 1 year only unit, if you have your zip I can search recyclers near you to see where one MAY be