Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Blower works but no heat comes out
, dodge grand

Customer Question

blower works but no heat comes out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: dodge grand caravan was working yesterday and today just blows cold air.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

What year Grand Caravan?

Have you checked to see if the coolant is low or if both the heater hoses in the engine compartment are getting hot?

Does it have rear heating or just front heating?

Does it have separate temperature controls for driver and passenger side?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2004 yes it has rear heating and driver and passenger side heat. I have not checked heater hoses yet.
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need you to check to see if the rear heating is working.

And with engine idling and heaters on high, feel the heater hoses at the firewall in the engine compartment and see if both are hot.

Also check to see if the coolant level is low

Let me know what you find and we will go from there

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks