Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Having diagnostic code come up P0700 and P1776 on a 2005

Customer Question

having diagnostic code come up P0700 and P1776 on a 2005 Dodge Dakota 3.7. Change tranny fluid and filter. still feels like it is in "limp-in" mode
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. wanting to fix myself
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the tranny fluid and filter. no improvement
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Code P0700 is a MIL request to turn on the check engine light. The P1776 however is a "Solenoid Switch Valve Latched In LR Position."

.

There was a factory service bulletin for that code, but if you would want to test procedure for it, I can send you that as well as the bulletin.

.

I can put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks