Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 cummings over filled with oil. ran a few miles knocking

Customer Question

2002 cummings over filled with oil. ran a few miles knocking then pulled on trailer to house. have fuel to injectors and when cranked earlier ran few seconds with no noise. what do you think it could be
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what number do I call
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have no email address sorry hope to here from u
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Normally excessive oil overwhelms the PCV system and fills the air intake system with oil making it smoke and run poor and make a knock noise. In some cases it can cause bent rods if it was extremely overfilled. Have you corrected the oil level and let it run to see if the excess oil built up in the air intake will burn off?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris