Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access
17871496

I recently installed an after market stereo in my 2000 dodgw

Customer Question

Hello i recently installed an after market stereo in my 2000 dodgw caravan. While removing the old radio i had the car on so i could use the interior light and have heat. I pulled the plug off the radio and the plug bounced of the back of the radio which was grounded out. I replaced the radio fuse amd there is still no power from the pink wire. As well as the power locks or dome lights do not work without the key being on.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** pink wire gets voltage from 10 amp fuse in location 15 of fusebox under the hood. Let me know if fuse is blown, I'm pretty sure it is. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What kind of fuse is it.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Here is a picture, I circled fuse. Let me know, thaks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txxcoe0utb78sdk/15.PNG?dl=0

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that worked. One more question? Today i replaced the thermostat today. The instalation went seemingly well until i noticed it leaked a great deal. I reassembled the thermostat by placing gasket, then thermostat, and finally the housing. The housing is properly torqued why is it leaking? I bought a new gasket and permatex. How can i assemble this properly? Thank you very much for your time.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Did it leak before replacing thermostat?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No the thermostat was in fail safe and producing minimal heat.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

I'd try another gasket from dealership, here are instructions from manual so you can double check nothing was overlooked. I'm guessing it is a design flaw with gasket as nothing else should cause this. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubghas1kfrp0dq0/tstatrr4.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you very much. This was very helpful.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

I am happy to help, you can reply at any time without additional fees if you run into problems. Let me know how it turns out, thanks again and have a good night!