Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2007 Dodge 3/4 ton with cummins 6.7. The

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Dodge 3/4 ton with cummins 6.7. The radio/navigation/cd player screen went out along with the controls for it. The dealer just told me the cost to replace it is $1,200. The worst part is the truck will be out of service for a week because they cannot get a new one until the old one is returned and the truck us not drivable without the radio installed. Something about the computers. Is this true?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Are they ordering it under the exchange program? If so then we have to send the old one back when the new one comes in. But sometimes they are out of the radio and require the old one be sent in first. But this is rare and you could still drive it without the radio.