Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
18617752

I need to replace the camshaft position sensor in a 2005

Customer Question

I need to replace the camshaft position sensor in a 2005 Dodge Dakota 3.7 where is it located?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: OBD2 said replace camshaft position sensor. I have the sensor, I just need the location of it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

The Camshaft Position Sensor is located on the lower, front of the passenger's side cylinder head. For an image location view, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fecax5qedx1xzv1/37-cam.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hi David. I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check in with you and see if the image I provided helped you to located the Camshaft Sensor?