Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

P0522 code truck wont start turns over no spark or gass. no

Customer Question

p0522 code truck wont start turns over no spark or gass.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no codes now engine light blinked few times so we quit. truck had bucked or jerked a few times on cold days when going up hill it has 250000 miles on it
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i sent you two bits of info
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Im not sure he may need to ask me questions
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a 2006 1500 Ram v-8 4x2 (4.7 ltr engine i think) when it turns over it almost sounds like no spark or gas.
fuel pump/tank replaced in Nov 2014. its due for a oil change. Last fall when it was cold it gave us a different code once when it was jerking/bucking when going up a hill on a cold day. (I gave it fuel injector cleaner and good gas and it went away) I have never changed the plugs or wires. it has 250000 miles on it I have had this truck for about 2 years. it wouldnt start yesterday and I heard that if you take the terminal wires off of battery it can reset the computer and the truck would start. And it did. so I am perplexed now since engine light isnt on and there is no code.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

This is the oil pressure sensor switch ,this will not give you a no start situation has to something else .

The oil pressure is too low .

You could have low oil pressure due to low oil level, Bad oil pump ,oil flow blockage ,maybe at the pick up tube due to oil sludge ?

First check oil level if good do a mechanical oil pressure test if good replace the oil pressure switch which is located just above the oil filter .

The no start could be due to the Immobilizer system malfunction ,is there any other codes or malfunction warning light on when trying to start .

Did you mean no spark and no injection plus ? or no fuel pump .

Check if you have implus at the injectors when cranking .

Also check when cranking what the RPM is reading should be around 250rpm +/- 50 rpm.

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oil is at the line on the safe on the stick. Oil pressure gage has not been jumping around at all its been steady.I can change the switch not an issue. I also had heard it wouldnt cause it not to start.the Truck turns over but just doesnt fire. Once it almost did but didnt catch. I even pumped the gas throttle a couple of times to make sure gas was getting to the carb. thats when the engine light started to blink. Still no codes not even the P0522.please explain "implus at the injectors when cranking" ( take off air thing so I can see the injector/carb?) ( sorry not a tech person but I know what things are when I hear the correct name. )
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Okay pumping the gas will do nothing this is fuel injected not a carb, so it will not inject fuel like a carb when pumping the pedal .

Now when you have your foot half way down and cranking the engine and the check engine light starts to flash then this is a misfire code ,recheck for malfunction codes .

Change spark plugs this could be your issue and sounds like it (Could Be your issue)..

Implus is when you have the injectors pulsing (you will feel then click when cranking the engine) or use a noid light it will flash when cranking the engine over to see if you have impulse ..IMPULSE sorry just seen i misspelled it .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try it tomorrow its now dark and cold out. I did try to get another code and still nothing. I will let you know what happens.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Okay no problem ,

Catch you tomorrow ,

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed out all plugs and even cleaned residue from throttle body. It wanted to fire but that was from cleaner in throttle . So I knew it was fuel pump. And it was. Get one with a lifetime warentee it will save you a ton of money in the long run.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

OKay when cranking the engine spray carb cleaner down the throttle body, if the engine starts then check and see if the fuel pump is energizing. if the pump is working then check fuel pressure .

if you have fuel pressure pump is good ??

check for impulses at the injectors . you can have good fuel pressure but if the injectors are not getting impulse

then no start also.

But again first fuel pressure check no pressure check at the fuel pump for power when cranking the engine you

have power to the pump then replace the pump .

Rgds Greg