Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

91 Dakota 5.2 fuel pump wiring. Pump went out, new pump

Customer Question

91 Dakota 5.2 fuel pump wiring. Pump went out, new pump fuses,gauge works but no pressure ? Unable to find relay. 3 in pdb are new with power. HELP
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No relay in pdb labeled duel pump, so must be in line but I can't find it. If I drop fuel in throttle body it runs. New o2 pcm plugs wires dist. Good spark ?????
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 10 months ago.

Hello I'm Reggie the reason you can't find the relay is becauee it is internal to the power distribution center, the plan is for you to buy a new power distribution center, thats the proper way. Personally, I purchase a relay and wire it in. The dark green and black wire that powers up your pump u can find that coming out of the pdc

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
do I need to ground the pump also? What wire would u use

The pump already has a ground. If you are wanting to add a relay you will need an accessory relay thr pigtail to it an inline fuse holder and 20 a fuse. The relay will have 4 terminals each will have a number 85 86. 87. 30. This is how you wire it 30 hook that to the power wire going to your pump 87 rum that to your inline fuse holder and from there direct to the battery you can also make a jumper and hook that same battery supply to 85. 86 we will hook that wire to the wire that the pcm uses to command fuel pump on give me a min I have to look th at up