Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Started van 2014 crew, in seconds blue smoke came in thru

Customer Question

started van 2014 crew , in seconds blue smoke came in thru vents and from under hood ,van had not been started in over a week, it smelled like an electrical fire .
I shut the van off checked under the hood ,could not detect a fire anywhere, after a few min. I started the van again and drove it for 20 min. with no problem.
no warning lights ever came on during and after this episode
thanks.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Most likely something got caught on the exhaust pipe or manifold. I have seen plastic bags, paper, etc. end up on parts of the exhaust system and cause a burning smell and smoke. The other thing it may be is a leaking valve cover that dripped oil on the exhaust manifold and caused the smoke. Then it burned off and now no more smoke. Do you have a shop you trust that can put the van up onto a hoist and look it over from underneath?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris