Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Either fuel pump or electronic throttle control module

Customer Question

either fuel pump or electronic throttle control module
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: fuel pump doesnt kick on and the lightning bolt symbol is lit on the dash. Had it die in a busy drive thru this am and had it flatbedded home
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yeah
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: sprayed gas into the air intake and it fired right up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: i love it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

The lightning bolt lamp is a warning that your ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) is having a problem.

This can be as simple as a very dirty air filter or vacuum leak or as bad as a throttle body or computer issue. The first step in founding out what we're dealing with is to have the onboard computer scanned for codes. Once we know the code number(s) we'll have a better idea on how to help you solve this issue.

Best Regards.