Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

07 sprinter diesel 3500 loss of power after warms up, codes

Customer Question

07 sprinter diesel 3500 loss of power after warms up, codes P2355 and P2270 and P3132 all codes looked for air leak could not find one egr look great, pulled checked with key opens and shuts, checked turbo that stops boosting and the turbo boost control is electronic, it moves and other times it sticks. What is the asd relay, and what dose it do. Can it also be glow plugs, relay or controller.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

hello, first thing you need to check is for oil around any of the air intake boots or connections, then put the van in drive and torque the engine to build boost and listen and feel for air escaping around all the intake connections. let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have none found
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

can you give me the vin, i will check the diagnostic path for the codes.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

if you dont have a air leak then there is a sensor issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The turbo linkage moves smooth and free. When cold it moves free when it warms up about 3 miles it begins to not move so well it looks as if it was sticking then it does not move so well I will get you the van when I get back to my office I have gone to pick up lunch thank you
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok, no problem, thanks for the info, the more the merrier. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WD0PE745275223031
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
REMEMBER HAS BOOST TILL WARM AND THEN STOPS 2-3 MILES
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok for p2355 it will be a failed egr valve, regardless of how it looks , and functions when you check it , so replace it. in my professional opinion .

p2270 is for a glow plug issue, most likely its a bad glow plug or the glow plug module.

p3132 is not showing in my system. can you double check the code? and the descrioption? sometimes a scanner will not decipher the correct code so a more higher end scanner must be used.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told you I tested the EGR valve with it with it out and the module does turn with the key so it is actually eating so I don't feel that that is my issue any other feedback please let me know that I explained in the beginning thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It moves with the key whitch shows me it's good, right
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

i understand what you are seeing, but the computer is way smarter lol, what you need is a scan tool to activate the egr test cycle, but just because it works once does not mean it works all the time.