Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

06 caravan 3.3 rough idle no codes
, rough idle and

Customer Question

06 caravan 3.3 rough idle no codes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: rough idle and when accelrating or giving gas idle smoothes out.....only at idle it bounces around plugs n wires are new egr valve is closed....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The most common reasons for unstable idle are going to be a dirty air flow sensor and a dirty sticking throttle body. Both of these can be resolved using brake cleaner to spray the sensor and again on the throttle body along with scrubbing it with a tooth brush. If the check engine light eventually comes on, I would suspect a lean code from a vacuum leak at the intake gaskets.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.