Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** *****. Pulled the negative off battery,

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. Pulled the negative off battery, truck won't start. All terminals have been cleaned and tightened. Jumped starter with screwdriver, truck won't fire. Was told it is a security issue.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a 5.2 engine. Started and ran early in the day but was idling high. Called brother-in-law and he told me to pull the negative cable from the batter, which I did. The truck then would not start at all. After that, I tried cleaning all the terminals on battery and block, and checked all fuses. Hooked jumper cable to negative and to engine block, still won't start. Crossed the starter and it rolled over but won't fire.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

What kind of vehicle do you have and do you see a security light on?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1995 Dodge Ram 1500 and no security light is on. The only lights that come on are the air bag and seat belt lights.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Have you checked for spark and fuel psi?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Fuel pump and fuel line have both been replaced within the past month. There is no spark because it won't fire. I have had it towed to a mechanic now. I cannot wait 12 hours between questions to TRY to diagnose it because I need transportation to be able to get groceries and go to work. I am very dissatisfied with this service. People get online to try fixing things for themselves mostly because they do not have a lot of money to pay to have it done professionally and y'all charge $28 to my card and then want to charge me even more in order for me to have answers more frequent than 24 hours apart? Rip off. I will be sharing my opinions of your service to everyone I know. I would like my money back since you are unable to help me in a timely fashion. Thank you.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

It appears you are online more so in the afternoon which is when I am online. Would you like me to try and help?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No need anymore, i paid to have it fixed.

Glad you got it resolved. Since you have already paid the fee to get help here. Is there another concern I could try and help with?