sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

When tting bumps the dash board lights flash from dim to

Customer Question

when hitting bumps the dash board lights flash from dim to light and the transmmission stalls possibly in third gear(auto trani)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: do not have the manual for th car it was a repo
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The dimmer could be the cause of the change in intensity of the lights but that wouldn't be related to the trans issue. There is little correlation between the lights and transmission, but it's possible that you could have a charging related issue causing both problems.

Does the trans stay in one gear until the key is cycled?

What year, model and engine is the vehicle?