Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have a 2000 ram 2500 diesel. Today I noticed rear brake

Customer Question

Have a 2000 ram 2500 diesel. Today I noticed rear brake lights, rear turn signals, rear flashers and reverse lights don't work. I have tail lights (at least when in park) and the auxiliary brake light on top of cab works fine. I checked fuses, they seem to be in order. Have not installed any after market stuff. All was working fine, last I drove the thing.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On allot of models that have trailer wiring I have seen where the trailer wiring can corrode and cause an issue like this here.I would inspect the wiring at the rear of the vehicle leading to the lights and if trailer wiring is equipped check the trailer wiring connections as well for any damage or corrosion causing this here.If a fault is found the affected wiring will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete,Indeed I'm thankful of you diagnostics and recommendations on how to possibly remedy my problem. I will not have a chance to look into the matter until this coming weekend, however. I will rate your service after I attempt your recommendation.Thanks
Kayvan
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Your welcome.Let me know how this turns out here and if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Peter,I still have not had a chance to look into the issue that I asked you about. The weather has been very cold in our area. I will follow up and as well, I will rate your response, as soon as I get back to trying to fix the problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

No problem.Let me know how this turns out here and if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete