Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The ETC light on my 2009 Viper
, the light goes on and

Customer Question

The ETC light on my 2009 Viper
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the light goes on and car into limp mode on startup occasionally. I've had it to 2 different dealers 4 times in the last 3 years. the car has 2400 miles and is rarely driven. I changed battery, checked alternator, installed a trickle charge when not in use. Dealers claim I don't drive it enough and voltage is low causing warning to activate
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the voltage does become low it can cause this fault here.Even though you have a charger on it when it sits if this charger is not maintaining 12 volts then this can occur here.Low voltage can set off several warning lights in some cases.If you can test the battery with the charger on it and make sure it is maintaining 12 volts.If it isnt then there may be a fault with the charger.If it is found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete