Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2002 dodge neon LX export, today all cluster stoped

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2002 dodge neon LX export, today all cluster stoped working suddenly, no chimes or dome lights too. I have been reading that I should replace the whole cluster and test. But a new cluster for my neon imported to my country may be some thousand of dollars and could take several months to find. So I need instructions to check if its really a cluster problem and instructions to fix it if possible. The problem appeared after a serpentine belt change 3 months ago, then after moving things it worked until now that have happened again. Headlights, tail ligths, radio are working fine, the car starts and runs normally. No instructions on the odometer.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. What you will need to do is to check for power and ground at the cluster's electrical connector. If there is power and ground (earth) then the cluster has failed internally. Do you have a 12 volt test light or voltmeter available to do the tests?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

If you have a way to test the voltage I can send you the cluster's connector pin out diagram.

Let me know,

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I Just have solved it by myself. The problem Was a lose fuse on the pdc. The fuse Was ok but it wasnt tightly seguridad.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Very good!! Good job!! Glad you got it fixed.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why was I charged in my credit card if I solved it by myself before receiving your first asnwer??
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I don't know. But if you call the 800 support number, they can remove the charge.

Chris