Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

, I have a 2005 dodge Durango, 71000 miles, yesterday I

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2005 dodge Durango, 71000 miles, yesterday I ran perfect then suddenly I felf a jerk and then it wouldn't shift into any gears
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried all the gears over and over again, starting and stopping and the gear shift handle moves through all gears but wont engage at all, when the engine is given gas I can hear a whining sound, not real loud but not normal, what's my problem.. the transmission was running perfect.now nothing
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 10 months ago.

Hello the first thing we need to do is take a scan tool and read codes. This transmission will go into fail mode and will sit there you could have a bad solenoid or solenoid pack or alot of times it is the connector at trans and sometimes the wiring up to pcm