-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a perform service message on my Ram 2014 3500

Customer Question

I have a perform service message on my Ram 2014 3500 cummins. I checked for codes and there were not any listed. Is there a way to clear this code without going to a dealer?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The truck is running fine. This code came on shortly after I had both of my fuel filters replaced. I have 74000 miles on the vehicle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Can you do me a favor and try this and see if the perform service goes away...

Engine off key on press the brake 2 times and then the accelerator 2 times to the floor slowly, then key off.

Let me know what happens,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

If it works then you will need to replace the crankcase filter on top of your valvecover.. If it does not work try it again and let me know so we can continue..

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad