Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

, I took my 2005 Ram 2500 5.9L to get a smog check

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I took my 2005 Ram 2500 5.9L to get a smog check for DMV registration. It failed because the monitor/meter wasn't reset? I went to a tire store where I get my oil changes. The put the digital check in at got code p2507. I do not have a check engine light on and my truck runs great
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5.9L cummimgs 2500 diesel 4x4 auto SLT 99k miles on jasper engine after 114k miles on original engine. I haven't had any mechanical problems until now.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I put the wrong code, should be P2607
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I am a smog tech in California and see this issue every now and then. Do you know if your ECM software has been updated within the last few years?

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that on my truck or the smog station
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Your truck. I ask that because there is a software update for your 2005 Cummins ECM (engine computer) for this exact issue. It is outlined in technical service bulletin # ***** Your Ram dealer will know about this software update and it may be covered under an extended warranty. If so, it will cost you nothing to have it updated. After the update, the truck should run the monitors and pass smog. If you want a copy of the bulletin let me know and I will send it to you.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please send it
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Give me a couple of minutes

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, below is a DropBox link. Copy and paste it into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the bulletin. It will open up in a Word format and you can then take it to the dealer.

I hope this helps, and please don't forget to rate my service tonight. If you have further questions after you rate, no worries I will continue to help you.

Chris.

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gitql4xnzxy1nsc/2005%20DR%20diesel%20OBD%20flash.doc?dl=0

.

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris