Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

While driving at 70 mph in the rain wipers, radio, and power

Customer Question

while driving at 70 mph in the rain wipers , radio, and power outlet went off , after getting off interstate they came back on but then went off after resuming, kept driving with no wipers,radio etc and after 30 minutes got off interstate again and they came back on , trip back home 8 hours later did not have the problem but did not run the wipers continuously either
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: this is a 2005 town and country with 180000 miles on it , do not have much else except prior to this the wipers I think were a little jerky at higher wiper speeds
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. this sounds like a problem with the FCM ( front control module ). The FCM is the central module for many of the van's electrical systems including the wipers and power outlet. I doubt it is a fuse because a blown fuse does not cause an intermittent problem that would come and go. Besides there is no single fuse that supplies power to the radio, wipers, and power outlet. Have a shop check the wiring connectors at the FCM ( which is mounted to the underhood fuse box ) If ok, and the problem hsppens again, then I recommend that you replace the FCM.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
until the problem is fixed hard to rate the expert right now but thanks for quick response
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hey I understand. Take your time and get it checked out/fixed, and then rate my service. But if you decide to rate now, know that I will still help/work with you on this problem even after you rate and you will not be charged any extra.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Any luck with the vehicle?

Chris