Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

IOD fuse keep blowing on 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan.
, No

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No radio, DVD and interior lighting. Also, NO lights until ignition is in on position or is running.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Does the fuse blow as soon as you replace it or does it take a while before it blow?

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Chris, blows instantly, with battery connected and with reconnect of neg cable
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, let me research the wiring diagram and see what it may be. Tell me, do you have the vanity sun visors with lights in them? I ask that because I have seen the wiring get pinched and short out near the screws that attach the visor. That can cause a direct short and blow that fuse. Check that while I research this. It may be tomorrow before I have some more ideas.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do, both are currently functional
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok. When I get to work tomorrow, I will see what circuits are powered from the IOD fuse. Then we will go from there.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I have removed radio, DVD players and they have no impact
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, thanks. We can eliminate those items ..

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, after checking the diagram, I see that the IOD supplies power to the FCM (Front Control Module) which is attached to the fuse box, the adjustable pedals (if equipped), the overhead console (if equipped), the BCM, and the HVAC control head. It also supplies power to the SKREEM module on some vans. Try disconnecting those items next ansd let me know if the fuse stops blowing after disconnecting them.

Chris