Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

DODGE 2004 4X4 STEERING PROBLEMS TRUCK WAS PARKED I STARTED

Customer Question

DODGE 2004 4X4 STEERING PROBLEMS TRUCK WAS PARKED I STARTED TO BACK OUT OF PARKING SPACE BUT FRONT WHEELS WOULD NOT MOVE TRUCK WOULD ONLY MOVE BACK AND FORTH P0WER STEERING SEEM TO WORK FINE I COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING OBVIOUS WRONG I HAD THE TRUCK TOWED HOME I AN 74 YEARS OLD AND ITS HARD FOR ME T CRAW AROUND UNDER THE TRUCK EVEN WITH THE 3 INCH LIFT SI I AM LOOKING TO YOU GUYS FOR HELP BEFORE I HAVE T BUT IT IN THE SHOP AND LOSE MY OLD MAN ASS
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, So that I understand correctly, the steering whhel will turn left to right and back, yet the front tires remain straight?

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
tires wil not move by moving the steering wheel left or right just before this happened the wheels where turning fine but I did hear some load clicking nose and the wheels stayed in the straight position luckily so it was able to roll with a right up on the flat bed tow truck with a little kicking of the tires to keep them straight aligned
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, then the steering drag link end may have broke, or the splines on the pitman arm have sheared off where they attach to the steering gear box. Whatever it is , it should be pretty obvious during a visual inspection. Get someone to inspect the steering linkage. My guess without looking is that it is a broken tie rod end at the drag link.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you need further assistance! OIh and please don't forget to rate my service so that I get credit for my time. Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris