Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Tire pressure and check engine light on 2009 grand caravan

Customer Question

Tire pressure and check engine light on 2009 grand caravan were coming on but when checked these turned out to be false warnings. Mechanic told wife that there was a separate $80 battery that powered the EVIC system and it might need replacing. I have read the manual forward and backwards but see no mention of a special battery. Is there such a thing?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Hello, there is no separate battery for the Electronic Vehicle Information Center so Im not sure what battery he is referring to. Do you know what the fault code and or codes where that should have been set when the check engine light cam on. Has the lights returned since he cleared them?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you can tell me what the fault codes where that should have set when the light came on I can advise you in the next steps. Post back when you can and we can work from there.