Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Ernie I broke a fuel line nipple on top of round assembly on

Customer Question

Customer: Ernie I broke a fuel line nipple on top of round assembly on top of fuel tank where all the lines & electrical for fuel pump connect. Nobody seems to know what i'm talking about. 1990 dodge dakota,automatic,3.9 engine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was changing out the old fuel lines & the plastic nipple snapped off.Too small to epoxy back together. Can't reattach one of the fuel lines because of this issue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for using JA

This is part of the fuel pump and sending unit module and the module will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't locate module.Haven't tried dealer or napa. Any ideas where i might find part?
Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

You can buy it from the dealer or napa

Just tell them you need the fuel pump module and not just the pump

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank's & i'll let you know my results.
Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome and thanks again for using JA

Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

Did you find a pump module to repair your problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
napa or dealer don't have & can't get it.
Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

You can buy a new one on eBay I just looked and there are a lot of them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't looked on ebay lately.The module according to information i have received,says that 90 & earlier are the same & 91& about three years later are different. There was a suggestion to swap entire fuel tank with the 91 or later module? I would like to find proper module or replace the broken nipple,which is doubtful to find.
Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

Did you look at the picture I sent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry,somehow i missed the picture.Please send again.Thanks: EMC
Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

Click on the paper clip to see the picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just googled this> picture of top of fuel pump module 1990 dodge dakota. A picture/schematic popped up showing the one on my truck.Thanks:EMC
Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

Glad I could help and thanks for using JA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one i pulled up thru. google doesn't look exactly like the one in picture you sent me. I still don't know where to find one that will work?
Expert:  moparfl replied 1 year ago.

It's on eBay and its new

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ones i saw on ebay don't show enough detail on the top, where the lines connect to know whether or not it will fit. Also all i see listed are for 91 & later.When i check the fitment, it shows that it won't work on the 1990.Thanks:EMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no reply from my last message.I'm exactly where i was before we started chatting.The ones on ebay show no fitment for 91 & newer for my 90 truck.I'm sure someone sells 90 & earlier,but who? It seems i am dead in the water right now.Any other advise,other than get rid of it fast? Thanks:EMC