-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2004 Dodge Durango. Washed engine at car wash, wouldn't

Customer Question

2004 Dodge Durango. Washed engine at car wash, wouldn't start and stay running. Tried so many times, alarm disabled car. Relay in IPM was clicking continuously and blinker lights strobing, cooling fan kicking on/off, no horn, no windows, no headlights, no flashers.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Sounds like you got the fuse box wet... How long have you let it dry so far? It maybe needs another day or two of drying time and I would suggest disconnecting the battery so nothing shorts out..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It got wet Sunday, mid day, and the battery has been disconnected most of that time. The exception would have been when we were trying to fix it and get it started at car wash and then last night when we got it started. After the accessories quit working, we unhooked battery cables again. Someone thought it could be our IPM/FCM. Is there a way to test to see if that’s still good – maybe after a day or two more of drying out?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the the reply!!

Yes it's most likely the Intergrated Power Module that also has the Front Control Module mounted to the side of it. The only way to test it is with a scantool to see what codes it has and to erase them and see which ones comes back active so you can run the proper diagnostics.. Can you read the codes and post them here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will send them tonight when we get home from work.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

You will need a scantool and not a code reader to retrieve the code... And yes I'm interested in what codes are active and stored...

Keep me posted,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There weren't any codes. We think because the battery was not attached. We were able to start it and run it for awhile without any issues last night. We'll take a look tonight and see if any codes pop up. Otherwise, just unhooking batter and leaving it alone to dry out for a few days was all it needed. Fingers crossed. If something pops up tonight, like a code, i'll let you know. Thanks!
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome!!

Glad I could help and don't forget the rating!!!
Brad