Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

My 96 intrepid stalls while driving, dash goes crazy, lose

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my 96 intrepid stalls while driving, dash goes crazy, lose gauges
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: dash lights and gauges go crazy, like a xmas tree, after the car is driven about 15 to 20 miles. sometimes it will restart, sometimes it will take overnight to cool down and reset
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure thing
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases the type of problem you are having with the cluster will be detected by the computer system and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to determine the cause you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with them, we can work from there to try and get this resolved.