Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Wy i have oil end the water mix

Customer Question

wy i have oil end the water mix
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

If there is engine oil in the radiator or coolant in the crank case. That can be caused by the oil cooler, head gasket, head, or the block. A crack will allow for cross contamination. Which do you have. Oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oil in the coolent coolent is not getting in to the engine and the car heats up
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We put a new oil cooler water pump hoses radiator had the heads redone on the head gasket

Oil in the coolant means the leak is where the oil pressure is higher than the coolant pressure, so that rules out the block to blame. I suggest a cylinder compression and leak down test to confirm the head gasket is fine and the head is not warped. If it passes then I would replace the head (s) for a possible internal crack not visible.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris