Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Dodge Caviler. The

Customer Question

Customer: Name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Dodge Caviler. The electronic throttle control light came on and the car shut itself off. Did this repeatedly 5-6 times. Has new battery installed 2 weeks ago-so that is ok. I have noticed in the last month that RPM jump from 2 to 3 1/2 most every time I drive lately.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have never had any other problems with car until recently. That is all
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 10 months ago.

if the throttle light is on or has come on there are codes in the engine computer, you WILL need a code reader to pull them however, has anyone pulled codes?