Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2006 DODGE RAM 1500 HEMI TRUCK JUST DIED AS I WAS DRIVING

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, HI SCOTT 2006 DODGE RAM 1500 HEMI TRUCK JUST DIED AS I WAS DRIVING TOW TRUCK DRIVER SPRAYED ETHER INTO STARTER AND TRUCK WOULD NOT START. CODES ARE P2096, P3497, P0137 P0700 AND P0562 BATTERY IS ALMOST DEAD FROM TRYING REPEATLY TO START BUT TOW DRIVER SAID HE THOUGHT IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: EVERYTHING IS LISTED ABOVE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I see that you have requested to work with Scott. Would you like to wait for him or is it ok if I help you out.

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
anyone can respond thanks Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Great! Ok, after looking at those codes, I see that the fuel system went lean which is an indicator of possible fuel pump or an empty tank. How much fuel is indicated on the fuel gauge?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Tell me this: when you turn on the ignition switch, can you hear the fuel pump in the tank come on for about two seconds and then turn off?

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have not heard the fuel pump but again I am not sure what I am trying to hear for 2 seconds I did lean under the bed at the gas tank but heard nothing
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

It would be a soft whirring sound. Have someone turn the key on while you get your ear close to the tank. if you do not hear it, then try banging on the bottom of the tank with a hammer while cranking the engine. Sometimes that will get the pump to start running.

let me know,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris