Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum. Getting warm air (85 temp,) and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum. Getting warm air (85 temp,) and cooler air on passenger side. Heat is 198 as normal . What is going on?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what size engine is in your model here as well if you have the AUTO controls with auto temp features for the heat and ac or manual controls?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Engine is 3.3 liter v6 high output. Temp. controls are manual.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, that is 3.5 liter v6 high output engine
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

O.k.,if the drivers side adjusts normally to where you get hot air on the drivers side or warm air when warm is selected and cold air on the drivers side when cold is selected this indicates the temp control actuator is o.k.This model only uses one temp door actuator.

What will cause this fault here in some cases is a restricted heater core.

Locate the heater core hoses on the firewall going into the firewall.These are smaller coolant hoses at the firewall.With the engine running and heat selected feel both of these hoses and see if they are both very warm to hot to the touch.If one is and the other is allot cooler this indicates the heater core is restricted needing either flushed and back flushed with a garden hose or removed and replaced if it will not flush the restriction out.

If you find both of these hoses are very warm to hot to the touch then the heater core and temp actuator are o.k. and what will cause this is a leak in the heater box itself allowing cool air to mix with the warmer air and the heater box would need removed and inspected for any seal leaks or damage and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete