Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Why 't my 97 dodge intrepid gauges work ?.sometimes when I

Customer Question

why don't my 97 dodge intrepid gauges work ?.sometimes when I first start up then quit working
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also my heater fan doesn't work. I don't know if it's connected with the gauges on the same circuit. The heat works but the fan doesn't blow
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Take your time, and do your research thoroughly I'm in no hurry.
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen this before on this model year Intrepid. It was always a poor connection at the ignition switch, and/or the ignition switch itself. Have a shop or the dealer check the connector at the switch. I have seen where the terminals get overheated and burnt which causes a poor connection and keeps the gauges and fan from working. The switch may also need to be replaced if 5he terminals are really burnt looking.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

By the way, if you are mechanically inclined and would like to do this yourself, let me know and I will be happy to send you the procedures on how to remove and check the ignition switch and connector.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris