-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2011 ram and I can't open the tailgate also to add

Customer Question

I have a 2011 ram and I can't open the tailgate also to add to the situation I can't get in my bed of the truck to open the panel to get to the mechanism any thoughts
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Do you have a cover on the bed? If so then you will need to get in thru it because the only way your getting into the tailgate is by removing the cover on the inside to release the latch..

Let me know,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have a cover on it...I have a sled deck on it that is turnbuckled down to the bed...so basically you're saying I'm screwed
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for the bad news but honestly it's a sealed unit unless you can stick a screwdriver in the sides which will damage the body by prying against it to release the locks.. The cover has about 12 Torx screws which you can access everything in the tailgate...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If you need more assistance feel free to reply and if your all set I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great weekend,

Brad