Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2001 dodge ram 2500 with the 5.9 HO cummins, I had

Customer Question

hey I have a 2001 dodge ram 2500 with the 5.9 HO cummins, I had an electrical short in my OBD2 port and it has melted the port severely, now Im getting a No bus code and check engine light when the key is turned to the on position, also not getting any grid heater wait to start light, I did the gauge check and they all work fine, truck will turn over but not start, fuel is present in the filter, have yet to pull an injector and check for fuel there, my thought is that the short caused the ECM to fry, is this possible from the OBD2 port melting? I have a parts truck available same engine but different year, will the ECM from that truck work in mine?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN?