Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2007 Dodge pickup 1500, 3.7 v6 5 speed trans.

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Dodge pickup 1500 , 3.7 v6 5 speed trans. problem . sometimes It will start an sometimes it won't. new battery an the cables r pretty clean. I did turn the motor back an inch an it started, right up. check the alternator an it's charging. A simbel ,like a lighting bolt with two lines, show's up on the dash sometimes. it's a throttle ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 10 months ago.

Often times this is the key or the battery in it has died or weak do you have two sets of keys does the truck act the same with both keys? Another problem we see is what is referred to as "logic lock" this is when a module has kind of a brain freeze, to make sure this is not your problem you can do a reboot of the modules and there network. You do this by removing both battery cables at the same time rub them together then clamp them together then go inside cycle your key through all positions and back to off then hook up cables positive first. This will drain all the memory in every module thereby forcing each one to start fresh and learn values, same as rebooting your home pc when it acts up. Try that, if problem persist we will look at your keys