-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2016 RAM 1500 Sport with OEM tow mirrors. These

Customer Question

I have a 2016 RAM 1500 Sport with OEM tow mirrors. These mirrors have all the same features/functions as the OEM sport mirrors except they do not have the power folding feature that would be present in the OEM sport mirrors. What I would like to do is change out the mirror controls on the door to add the folding button (between the left/right selector buttons) and install the power folding tow mirrors from a 2500. From my research it appears this is possible but none of the technicians in my area grasp how to flash the folding sales code. They also keep telling me the modules are different between the 1500 and 2500 but I've looked them up and everything looks the same to me. Is this possible? How do I add the power folding tow mirrors?

Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Dodge dealership for 18 years, and I will do my best to help you..

On the 2016 Dodge we do not offer power folding mirrors, but sometimes there is a way to add it to the sales code to "Turn On" the circuit so it works. I can't promise because this is not recommended but if you install folding mirrors, switch, and add a DDM(Driver's Door Module) for Power Folding Mirrors you would only need for the Service Manager to contact WIC in DealerConnect and have them add Power Folding Mirrors sales code, then once the Technician reconfigure's the TIPM the circuit "Should" be active and the mirrors work fine.. But as I said this is no guarantee because it's not supported, but if it's going to work this is how to do it..

I hope this helps,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Refund?