Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Driving down ghway, heat stop coming out of vents turned

Customer Question

Customer: Driving down highway, heat stop coming out of vents turned cool and I seen water splashed up my rearwindowbut the temp guage never moved...blown hose/ Maybe?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: heat was working good and all of sudden the air turned cool and I seen like water splashing upon my rear window I think maybe a blown hose? but than it the temp would of got hot Right?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.

Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

What year , model and engine do you have ?

Have you open your radiator or the coolant reservoir to see if the coolant level is low ?

Do you see anything leaking underneath the vehicle ?

Did any smoke come out from the engine bay when the problem occur ?

If the vehicle we are talking about is a caravan you may have blown hose/lines to the rear heating system. They run under the vehicle from the firewall to the rear heater core.

Good luck.

Let me Know.

Thank you very much.