Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Just heard a pop when stopping and the esp and brake lights

Customer Question

Customer: just heard a pop when stopping and the esp and brake lights came on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2009 ram 1500 pickup. All disc brakes. Calibers all look good. Went around the block and brakes still working fine. Didn't see any leaks. Firm pedal.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: You do have an answer?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. You may have a failed wheel speed sensor or another ABS component failure. Do you have an auto parts store near you?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

If you do, then drive the truck to them and ask them to read the diagnostic trouble codes in the ABS control module. Not the Engine codes. If there are wheel speed sensor codes, then replace the appropriate sensor. If there are other ABS rela5ed fodes then tell me what they are. Most auto parts storeswill do this for free.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris