Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Truck starts to miss while accelerating starting at about 30

Customer Question

truck starts to miss while accelerating starting at about 30 mph
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Check and make sure all of the spark plug wires are seated properly onto the spark plugs and coils/cap.If an issue is found with a connection this will need corrected.If this is o.k. inspect the spark plugs for any wear showing a spark plug needs replaced.

If these are all o.k. I have also seen issues with the fuel injectors that are not atomizing properly into the engine and causes this here.In some cases adding injector cleaner to the fuel tank at 1/4 tank and running to near empty and repeating may resolve this fault.

If all of these have been checked or replaced let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete