Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.
66997337

I have a 2008 dodge 5500 diesel 6.7 ltr. It has been running

Customer Question

hello,
I have a 2008 dodge 5500 diesel 6.7 ltr. It has been running great. only issue it has had was the dpf was getting clogged and it was going into regen mode all the time. today the oil gauge kept dropping to 0 but then back up. My driver that was driving it stated he would turn the truck off and restart and it would go for a while then the gauge would mess up again and he would pull over and restart. this time when he restarted the engine seems to be locked up and will not crank at all. makes a noise like it is trying to but wont.
Please help..
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If the base oil pressure kept dropping off and it actually was (not just a bad sender giving false readings.. which is probably the case if the engine is locked up) then there isnt much I can do to help you. Pull the belt off and see if you can turn the engine or not to rule out any accessories keeping it from turning but given the chain of events it sounds like it really may be locked up and will require a rebuild or replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try to take the belt off tomorrow and see if there are any issues. Will let you know.

Sounds good. Thanks. I will be standing by.