Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 Ram 3500 and the keyless remote entry system

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ram 3500 and the keyless remote entry system occasionally does not work. When not working and I open the drivers door it chimes constantly. I have replaced the battery in the remote but the system still occasionally does not work. Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The most common cause for this fault here is usually the key less entry remote itself at fault internally.I have had to replace several of these remotes in the past before for this fault here.Usually you can have the remote signals tested by a local parts store with their hand held tester free of charge to see if the remote is intermittently acting up causing this fault.If you have not had this tested this needs done and the remote replaced if found to be at fault.

The other issue I have found that can act up intermittently as well is the key less entry receiver itself needing replaced.If the remote tests o.k. I suspect the receiver will need replaced to correct this issue here.I show a cost of around $124 for the receiver and .5 of an hour to have replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete