-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I currently have my 2004 Dodge Durango in service to program

Customer Question

I currently have my 2004 Dodge Durango in service to program new key i purchased from them, they are unable to program any help?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Are you saying that your vehicle is at a dealership and they can't program your new key you got from them?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
their trying still , even going as far to tell me that since they cut key for my car i'm still responsible for cost of key even if it doesn't program.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Are they able to communicate with the SKIM module and do you have at least 1 key that will start it fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one key that will start it but doesn't open locks , therefore in order for me not hear alarm go off all the time i can never lock doors, hence the reason i went and bought new key.
From all the forums i read looks like Dodge installed a faulty SKIM Module from manufacturing line , alot of problems with people and this make and model and year.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I have a 2004 at my dealership that I just ordered a new SKIM module for because the Independant shop down the road couldn't program new key.. So I'm sure the dealership is using a WITech scantool and if so then I would suggest replacing the SKIM module which is mounted around the key cylinder to correct your issues...

I hope this helps,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have dumped 8,000 dollars in two years on this car as it is a lemon as you know from the many issues for this year make model, how much is this part
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

To give you an exact part number and price I will need the last 8 of your VIN to get that for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats ok, think i'm going to stay with my one key and just get rid of car too much money for me, thanks for your help.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome!!

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I see this question is still open.. If you need more assistance feel free to reply, and if not then don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a greatday,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 12 months ago.

If you need more assistance feel free to reply and if your all set I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great weekend,

Brad