Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2001 Dodge Diesel 2500 c/cab 4x4, 5.9l, 24 valve. I

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2001 Dodge Diesel 2500 c/cab 4x4, 5.9l, 24 valve. I have a on going problem in that when driving it seems to have a slight hesitation, feels that the trannie is slipping however we had the trannie serviced and they said is ok. But we still and the problem , also tried the fuel cleaner in a new fuel filter to clean the injectors but no luck. I need your HELP, as no shop around me has a solution. ***** ***** Sexsmith
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what do you need
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  pETER replied 1 year ago.

Is it feels like it slipping when it's changing gears or you have to let go Gass pedal to shift ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the vehicle seems to hesitate , as if it not getting enough fuel when you are running down the highway . We have replaced the electric fuel pump recently and the fuel filter located on the left side of the engine. As I said before we have had the trannie checked and they had stated that its ok no sign of any major wear. It was rebuilt 3 years ago. Hope this helpsWayne
Expert:  pETER replied 1 year ago.

did you checked fuel filters, if you push gas pedal to the floor does it rev up all the way to red line ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had a new fuel filter installed and a fuel pump. I can rev it all the way to the red line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Peter, I have not had a satisfactory response to my question, I will be reporting this to my credit card company tomorrow. There were two charges against my credit card and I will be disputing these charges. Kindly govern yourself accordingly.