sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2nd row stow and go seat won't release to fold down into

Customer Question

Customer: hi 2nd row stow and go seat won't release to fold down into floor on my 2014 Chrysler Town & CountryTried to fold seat down to go into floor it will only fold back of seat down.it will not release seat from floor.You can make it release by pulling up on the metal bracket where the cable attaches under the seat at the back in the middle.Thanks Rob
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2nd row stow and go seat won't release to fold down into floor on my 2014 Chrysler Town & CountryTried to fold seat down to go into floor it will only fold back of seat down.it will not release seat from floor.You can make it release by pulling up on the metal bracket where the cable attaches under the seat at the back in the middle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You're most likely going to need a seat adjuster assembly. All of the parts on the adjuster including the cables are serviced as an assembly.

The cable itself is often the cause as it and the spring it attaches to will stretch. Does the cable seem loose?

Are you out of warranty?