Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2006 tratus 2.4 wont idle down,,,why?

Customer Question

2006 tratus 2.4 wont idle down,,,why?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

I’m a retired master technician and tech instructor with over 30 years experience. I also have access to a pretty good database on automotive service and repair. All of which enables me often times to offer you an educated guess on what the problem with your vehicle might be. However, if you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help you if you…

… don’t have tools or the skills to use them

… don’t know there will probably be some special tools and equipment needed for a proper diagnosis

… don’t realize it may take a few back and forth replies to solve the issue

… don’t understand that I will need you to provide specific information

Idle is controlled by the onboard computer and not adjustable. A scan tool capable of reading engine data - not just codes - needs to be connected to the onboard computer so we can see what parameters are off and determine the cause.

Best Regards.