Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a 2007 dodge 3/4 ton with the 5.9L diesel. I have a

Customer Question

I have a 2007 dodge 3/4 ton with the 5.9L diesel. I have a charging problem (for the second time!!). The 1st5 and now this time the passenger side battery has blown out acid and has eaten paint off the fender. I replaced the cable that connects the battery positive posts together and the short fused link that connects to the solenoid. Also had to replace the passenger side battery. Still not charging. All connections are clean and tight. I guess it either has to be the alternator or the computer.?? Someone told that, Dodge in its infinite wisdom, put the voltage regulator on the computer.??!! Tim
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** can be either the alternator or the coputer, as you know the regulator is in the computer on these, do you have a volt meter, I can help you check this?