-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I already had to replace the original transmission in my

Customer Question

I already had to replace the original transmission in my 2004 Durango Limited, (6 months ago). Now the lightning bolt lit up on my dash, and the 0700 code popped. Runs really rough on the highway, much better in the city. Now the dash light went off--during city driving--and I can't get the code to read anymore. I need to get this thing running ASAP, to take it from Ohio to North Carolina and back. Suggestions? Please help!!!! David
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I've worked for a Dodge dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help..

The code you have P0700 is just a information code that sets in the PCM telling you that there are more transmission codes that will need to be retrieved with a scantool.. Can you have the codes read and post them here so I can see what's going on?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brad, what is the PCM you are referring to?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The PCM is the powertrain control module. What engine do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.7 HEMI
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

Your PCM also controls the TCM which we call a NGC controller with 4 plugs.. You will need a scantool to retrieve the other transmission codes so I can tell what is going on.. The codes will be other P0700 codes such as P0740.. Once you can have the codes read post them here..

Thanks,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I see this question is still open.. Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a greatday,

Brad