Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2004 dodge ram 3500 diesel. When you drive it and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 dodge ram 3500 diesel. When you drive it and you get to 25kmh the doors auto lock and then jeep cycling and the door ajar is on to. When you take your foot off the throttle it quits.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

Your door ajar is your issue and once you correct it the locks will stop cycling. The door ajar switches close a path to ground for the Instrument Cluster when a door is opened. The passenger front door is connected in a parallel-series circuit between ground and the Instrument Cluster, while the driver side front door ajar switch is connected in series between ground and the Instrument Cluster to provide a unique input. So to test you can disconnect each door until the light goes off and then replace that ajar switch and see if your issues are still present..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do I disconnect in the door is it the harness that runs to the latch.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

Yes the door ajar switch is built into the door. If you had a scantool it would tell you which door was open but if you don't have one then you will need to remove the door panels and disconnect 1 door at a time until the light goes out and replace that latch..

Glad I could help,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just to make sure. The door ajar only comes on once you reach the speed that the doors auto lock. And your foot is on the throttle.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry I thought the door ajar switch was always on... So if the door ajar switch and the door locks are cycling when you reach 15 mph and continue then let's see if you turn off the rolling door locks if it still does it and to do that you need this:

1) enter the truck and close all the doors
2) fasten your seat belt
3) put the key in the switch
4) cycle the key from the off position to the on position 4 times ending in the on position
[off - on - off - on - off - on - off - on]
5) within 30 seconds press the drivers door lock switch in the unlock direction
6) a single chime will sound, which indicates you have activated it.

Let me know what happens,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well I did what you said with the key on and off etc. I herd the chime. Took it for a drive and the same thing happened!.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I also hooked it up to a scanner. I have wiper switch input high. Driver door lock/unlock switch input circuit high. Aps relay output open and wiper switch input performance. If that helps in anyway.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.

What is the last 8 of your VIN?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5g738689
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you get my message?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** new expert, I can do a phone call on this if you like?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do you think the problem could be?

I believe you have a broken wire in the rubber boot that runs betwen the drivers door and the body, it is very commin on these and will cause this exact problem,Tim

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK I will check and get back to u

let me know what you find,Tim

do you still need help with this?